- ► 2017 (6)
- ► March (2)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (2)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► December (5)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (8)
- • Portrait La Pecora Nera Ristorante - Ayacucho 1785
- • Portrait Michelin Starred Chef Bruno Oger
- • Childhood Memories, Smoke, Flames and Michelin Stars
- • Japanese Kaiseki cuisine in the middle of Switzerland
- • Portrait Harturo Restaurant - Vicente López 1661 - Buenos Aires
- • Interview Martin Strehle, Küchenchef – Tropenhaus Frutigen
- • Potrtrait Casa Bianchi
- • #CookForSyria
- ► September (3)
- ► August (4)
- ► July (5)
- ► June (1)
- ► May (6)
- ► April (4)
- ► March (3)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (6)
- • Novanta - A Popup Hotel and Restaurant in Tuscany and Amsterdam
- • Coconut Blossom Sugar, Bamboo, and Transparency in the Food Industry
- • The World Gourmet Society Group in Paris is starting the culinary year 2016
- • Portrait - Pascal Aussignac - Club Gascon
- • JRE - The generational values of Europe’s next Master Chefs
- • Portrait Philip Angst - co-owner of the restaurant Stubä in Zurich
- ► 2015 (58)
- ► December (3)
- ► November (9)
- • WGS Switzerland: Who is who? Part II
- • Miguel Angel Hernandez - Sake Sommelier
- • Portrait Peggy Porschen - Wedding Cakes
- • Culinary Sustainability Paired with Innovative Spirit on the Shores of Lake Zug
- • Portrait Relais & Châteaux Restaurant Hotel Tennerhof - Stefan Lenz
- • Company Profile - Truffle and Wine from Australia
- • Portrait Gourmet Festival Vila Joya - Chef Dieter Koschina
- • Panel Discussion: Aesthetics in Top Restaurants
- • The Gourmesse 2015: Gourmet Enjoyment – also in the Special Vegan Section
- ► October (3)
- ► September (2)
- ► August (5)
- • Portrait: Martins Rittins and Restaurant Vincents in Riga / Latvia
- • Portrait Martiņš Sirmais - Restaurant 3 Pavaru in Riga / Latvia
- • Interview Paolo Basso - Best Sommelier of the World 2013
- • PORTRAIT Jean Paul Bondoux - BUENOS AIRES
- • New WGS local gourmet group has started in SE Queensland / Tweed Coast in Australia
- ► July (7)
- • PORTRAIT Crizia Restaurant - Buenos Aires
- • Portrait The Culinary Beirut - Chef Armando Codispoti
- • Portrait Hof Van Cleve - 3 Michelin Starred Chef Peter Goossens
- • Portrait The Restaurant Dysart - Petersham - United Kingdom
- • Living the dream in Paradise?
- • Portrait Nicolas Glumineau – General Manager of Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande
- • Portrait Château Calon-Ségur– Managing Director Laurent Dufau
- ► June (4)
- ► May (3)
- ► April (4)
- ► March (10)
- • Portrait Dino Joannides
- • Portrait Restaurant Doc Cheng´s - Chef Phillipp Troppenhagen
- • Portrait Peter Marx
- • Portrait Serena Sutcliffe – Sotheby’s
- • The Biggest Mistake Home Cooks Make
- • Champagne Day
- • Interview about the consumers of high end wines in Argentina
- • Who will be the next Iron Chef Gainesville / Florida?
- • Portrait Chateaux Rollan de By
- • The World Gourmet Society Festival 2015 has started
- ► February (3)
- ► January (5)
- ► 2014 (38)
- ► December (4)
- ► November (2)
- ► October (7)
- • Review Cuestionario RESTAURANT (Buenos Aires)
- • Review LA CABRERA (Buenos Aires)
- • Review RESTAURANT CONTRALUZ (Buenos Aires)
- • Portrait Corinne Mentzelopoulos- CEO and owner of Chateau Margaux
- • Portrait Mayur Sharma
- • Portrait Restaurant Alfresco / Peru – an article from Jacobo Vitko
- • Let Rick Zouad Guide You Through Sake at Sushi Nakazawa
- ► September (3)
- ► August (6)
- ► July (9)
- • Portrait Restaurant Hubertus – Johanna Maier
- • Portrait Restaurant Esszimmer – Chef Andreas Kaiblinger
- • Portrait Restaurant Carpe Diem – Chef Franz Fuiko and Sommelier Roland Neulinger
- • Portrait Restaurant Ikarus in Hangar-7 – Michelin Starred Chef Martin Klein
- • Portrait Restaurant Pfefferschiff – Michelin Starred Chef Vigne
- • Portrait Restaurant Mayer’s in Schloss Prielau – 2 Michelin Starred Chef Andreas Mayer
- • Interview Pastry Chef William Mccarrick
- • Chef & Partner Markus Glocker Talks Opening Bâtard, Reinterpreting Classical Cuisine, and Memories of Charlie Trotter
- • Meet 3 Michelin Starred Demon Chef Alvin and learn about his X-Treme Chinese cuisine
- ► June (5)
- ► May (2)
- Tuesday, 17 June 2014 05:21 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
Holger Bodendorf, born in Heiligenhafen in 1967, planned his career path early on and has consistently realized his goals.
After training with distinction at the Hotel Yacht Club at Timmendorfer Strand, Holger then spent time with well-known hotels such as the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski, the Landhaus Scherrer in Hamburg, Petermann's Kunststuben in Zurich, and Da Gianni in Mannheim.
In Sylt, he worked in Tappe's Restaurant, as well as at the restaurant, Veneto, in the Hotel Windrose where he was awarded his first Michelin star in 2000.
Since 2001, he has managed the 5-star hotel, Landhaus Stricker, in Sylt. The hotel's two restaurants, Siebzehn84 and the world renowned gourmet restaurant, Bodendorf's, reflect his dedication to the highest gourmet standards. The standard of his work is also reflected in the fact that Bodendorf’s has been a member of Relais & Châteaux since 2011.
Awarded with a Michelin star and 18 Gault Millau points, Holger has been considered one of the world's best Relais & Chateaux Grand Chefs since 2012.
Holger Bodendorf, 1967 in Heiligenhafen geboren, hat seine beruflichen Stationen konsequent geplant und umgesetzt.
Nach der Ausbildung mit Auszeichnung, im Hotel Yachtclub am Timmen- dorfer Strand, folgten namhafte Häuser wie das Hotel Atlantic Kempinski und das Landhaus Scherrer in Hamburg, Petermann’ s Kunststuben in Zürich und Da Gianni in Mannheim.
Auf Sylt begeisterte er in Tappe’ s Restaurant und im Restaurant Veneto im Hotel Windrose, wo er sich im Jahr 2000 den ersten Michelin Stern erarbeitete.
Seit 2001 leitet er das 5-Sterne-Plus-Hotel Landhaus Stricker auf Sylt. Die beiden Restaurants des Hauses, das „siebzehn84“ und das weit über die deutschen Grenzen bekannte Gourmetrestaurant Bodendorf’s, wer- den mit seinem Anspruch an Genuss geführt.
Die Besonderheit seiner Arbeit zeigt sich auch seit 2011 über die Aus- zeichnung des Hotels mit der Lilie und die damit verbundene Aufnahme als Familienmitglied von Relais & Châteaux.
Ausgezeichnet mit einem Michelin Stern und 18 Punkten im Gault Millau ist er als einer der weltweit besten Köche seit 2012 Relais & Châteaux- Grand Chef.
1. Tesi: Holger, you are the owner and chef of the restaurant BODENDORF’S in Sylt, Germany. On your website you describe the atmosphere of your location. Can you please tell me about the concept and give some background on your restaurant? Holger: The concept of BODENDORF’S is simple and clear: We just use the best ingredients prepared in a creative and harmonic way. The creation of a tasteful balance between every single ingredient is the aim of our Mediterranean kitchen.
2. Tesi: It’s been said that Northern Germans are quiet and grumpy. Would you say that Northern German cuisine is also “quiet and grumpy”? Holger: That is just a rumor! Northern Germans are open-minded, honest, and authentic. And you can find all these characteristics in their cuisine, as well, as they try to mix it with influences from all over the world.
3. Tesi: Some chefs discover their love for food and their gift for preparing outstanding dishes quite late, while for others it is clear in their childhood years that they will become a chef. When did you discover your ability to prepare food that is far beyond the norm? Holger: Ever since I was a child I knew that I wanted to become a chef, but not just any chef: I wanted to be a good chef. In 2003, I received a Michelin star for my restaurant, and after that I set myself the aim to become a Relais & Châteaux Grand Chef. I reached my goal in 2013!
4. Tesi: Sylt is… Holger: …the perfect place to harmonize your body and soul. You have the great North Sea, fantastic nature – the beach and dunes, the fresh breeze – authentic and honest people, and amazing food.
5. Tesi: What does good food mean to you?
Holger: Good food means everything to me. It is my passion, and it makes me proud when my guests leave the restaurant satisfied and delighted.