- ► 2017 (6)
- ► March (2)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (2)
- ► 2016 (48)
- ► December (5)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (8)
- • Portrait La Pecora Nera Ristorante - Ayacucho 1785
- • Portrait Michelin Starred Chef Bruno Oger
- • Childhood Memories, Smoke, Flames and Michelin Stars
- • Japanese Kaiseki cuisine in the middle of Switzerland
- • Portrait Harturo Restaurant - Vicente López 1661 - Buenos Aires
- • Interview Martin Strehle, Küchenchef – Tropenhaus Frutigen
- • Potrtrait Casa Bianchi
- • #CookForSyria
- ► September (3)
- ► August (4)
- ► July (5)
- ► June (1)
- ► May (6)
- ► April (4)
- ► March (3)
- ► February (2)
- ► January (6)
- • Novanta - A Popup Hotel and Restaurant in Tuscany and Amsterdam
- • Coconut Blossom Sugar, Bamboo, and Transparency in the Food Industry
- • The World Gourmet Society Group in Paris is starting the culinary year 2016
- • Portrait - Pascal Aussignac - Club Gascon
- • JRE - The generational values of Europe’s next Master Chefs
- • Portrait Philip Angst - co-owner of the restaurant Stubä in Zurich
- ► 2015 (58)
- ► December (3)
- ► November (9)
- • WGS Switzerland: Who is who? Part II
- • Miguel Angel Hernandez - Sake Sommelier
- • Portrait Peggy Porschen - Wedding Cakes
- • Culinary Sustainability Paired with Innovative Spirit on the Shores of Lake Zug
- • Portrait Relais & Châteaux Restaurant Hotel Tennerhof - Stefan Lenz
- • Company Profile - Truffle and Wine from Australia
- • Portrait Gourmet Festival Vila Joya - Chef Dieter Koschina
- • Panel Discussion: Aesthetics in Top Restaurants
- • The Gourmesse 2015: Gourmet Enjoyment – also in the Special Vegan Section
- ► October (3)
- ► September (2)
- ► August (5)
- • Portrait: Martins Rittins and Restaurant Vincents in Riga / Latvia
- • Portrait Martiņš Sirmais - Restaurant 3 Pavaru in Riga / Latvia
- • Interview Paolo Basso - Best Sommelier of the World 2013
- • PORTRAIT Jean Paul Bondoux - BUENOS AIRES
- • New WGS local gourmet group has started in SE Queensland / Tweed Coast in Australia
- ► July (7)
- • PORTRAIT Crizia Restaurant - Buenos Aires
- • Portrait The Culinary Beirut - Chef Armando Codispoti
- • Portrait Hof Van Cleve - 3 Michelin Starred Chef Peter Goossens
- • Portrait The Restaurant Dysart - Petersham - United Kingdom
- • Living the dream in Paradise?
- • Portrait Nicolas Glumineau – General Manager of Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande
- • Portrait Château Calon-Ségur– Managing Director Laurent Dufau
- ► June (4)
- ► May (3)
- ► April (4)
- ► March (10)
- • Portrait Dino Joannides
- • Portrait Restaurant Doc Cheng´s - Chef Phillipp Troppenhagen
- • Portrait Peter Marx
- • Portrait Serena Sutcliffe – Sotheby’s
- • The Biggest Mistake Home Cooks Make
- • Champagne Day
- • Interview about the consumers of high end wines in Argentina
- • Who will be the next Iron Chef Gainesville / Florida?
- • Portrait Chateaux Rollan de By
- • The World Gourmet Society Festival 2015 has started
- ► February (3)
- ► January (5)
- ► 2014 (38)
- ► December (4)
- ► November (2)
- ► October (7)
- • Review Cuestionario RESTAURANT (Buenos Aires)
- • Review LA CABRERA (Buenos Aires)
- • Review RESTAURANT CONTRALUZ (Buenos Aires)
- • Portrait Corinne Mentzelopoulos- CEO and owner of Chateau Margaux
- • Portrait Mayur Sharma
- • Portrait Restaurant Alfresco / Peru – an article from Jacobo Vitko
- • Let Rick Zouad Guide You Through Sake at Sushi Nakazawa
- ► September (3)
- ► August (6)
- ► July (9)
- • Portrait Restaurant Hubertus – Johanna Maier
- • Portrait Restaurant Esszimmer – Chef Andreas Kaiblinger
- • Portrait Restaurant Carpe Diem – Chef Franz Fuiko and Sommelier Roland Neulinger
- • Portrait Restaurant Ikarus in Hangar-7 – Michelin Starred Chef Martin Klein
- • Portrait Restaurant Pfefferschiff – Michelin Starred Chef Vigne
- • Portrait Restaurant Mayer’s in Schloss Prielau – 2 Michelin Starred Chef Andreas Mayer
- • Interview Pastry Chef William Mccarrick
- • Chef & Partner Markus Glocker Talks Opening Bâtard, Reinterpreting Classical Cuisine, and Memories of Charlie Trotter
- • Meet 3 Michelin Starred Demon Chef Alvin and learn about his X-Treme Chinese cuisine
- ► June (5)
- ► May (2)
Powered by mod LCA
- Wednesday, 31 December 2014 15:09 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
Dear friends of the World Gourmet Society
I hope you had a peaceful Christmas with your friends and family. With this message I wish you all the best for 2015 and hope it will be a tasteful year full of culinary discoveries for all of you!
2014 was a great year for the World Gourmet Society.
Our LinkedIn Group jumped over the mark of 20,000 members, our Facebook Account gained more than 10,000 likes and we started our Twitter Account. Activity on our WGS website also grew quickly in the last year with more than 55 articles published on our blog featuring gourmet personalities and new culinary ideas from around the world. We launched WGS Local Gourmet Groups to bring together like-minded gourmets in cities from Atlanta to Zurich (click on the link to join or start your own group!).
We organized the very first World Gourmet Festival where we asked chefs to create unique menus on offer in their restaurants for one month. These menus incorporated a surprise element such as a secret ingredient. More than 20 top restaurants around the world joined the festival and it was a great success. Thank you to everyone who took part.
So, what lies ahead for WGS as we look forward to discovering new culinary landscapes in 2015?
In February we will bring five of the best Austrian Chefs to London. With our esteemed partners WGS is hosting an Alpine dinner in the restaurant Magazine to feature modern Austrian and Alpine cuisine in London.
In March we will organize the World Gourmet Festival for the second time. Top chefs around the world will create unique menus to discover new culinary landscapes. These menus will be available through-out March alongside each restaurant's existing menu. Our vision is that March will become a month of culinary discovery through our festival.
We will of course continue to feature new culinary ideas and great personalities on our blog and through our newsletter.
How can you help us to discover new culinary landscapes?
It is easy to be part of the World Gourmet Society and share your love for good food with our community!
Visit our website to join a local gourmet group
Send us an email (email@example.com) if you have new culinary ideas or great gourmet personalities we should interview for our blog.
Let us know if your restaurant would like to be considered as a participant for our World Gourmet Festival in March.
Finally, a great new year to all of you!
Matthias Tesi Baur