- ► 2016 (5)
- ► 2015 (3)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- Tuesday, 30 August 2016 10:06 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
1. Tesi: Dear Christa, you are an importer of Aristeon olive oils from Greece. What made you consider this business?
Christa: We have been holidaying in Greece for many, many years and gradually have become more and more fascinated with the country, its people, and Mediterranean food. Because olive oil is one of the most important ingredients, we began researching the various flavours.
We discovered our favourite oil in Zakynthos. We loved the extraordinary mildness and fruitful taste and so did our friends in Austria. That was actually the first time we considered importing olive oil as a business. As I recall, it sounded like a totally crazy idea at first, but several years later our web shop went online with Reinhard and I really enjoying developing our own small business. This is despite the challenges, associated with not having the luxury of big marketing budgets. We counter that with a lot of enthusiasm and a product in which we are totally convinced.
- Friday, 19 August 2016 12:33 | Written by Stephan Lendi
Four friends in Zürich are jointly producing Zürich's Turicum Gin, a London Dry Gin, "in Züri, for Züri". Stephan Lendi spoke to Master Distiller Oliver Honegger, at Stubä restaurant in Zürich, home of the local Turicum Gin. They spoke about which specific botanical extracts help Turicum Gin be unique in its offering and then, together mixed a genuine Züri Mule.
- Saturday, 02 April 2016 11:07 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
1. Tesi: Dear Hannes you are the owner of the company Rochini from Austria. Your company is trading with high end tableware. Please tell me more about your companies' philosophy and background.
Hannes: "our raw material is enthusiasm"
Taylor-made conceptual solutions for your tabletop as the key to success Rochini´s concept is unique in the world and therefore regarded as a pioneer in the field. In line with the cornerstones of design, acquisition and quality assurance Hannes Tiefenthaler and rochini offer tailor-made solutions for your tabletop. Rochini creates a unique atmosphere at their customer's table by combining items from collections of different manufacturers and complying with their customer's requirements - ranging from glasses and cutlery up to accessories. With his contacts of many years Hannes Tiefenthaler finds the perfect supplier, manufacturer and designer for every customer. "Under the slogan "create your own item" rochini offers its customers the opportunity to develop glasses, porcelain and cutlery according to their individual wishes and ideas and in small quantities", explains Hannes Tiefenthaler. Visionary trend scout with roots in craftsmanship As a trained master baker the founder of rochini Hannes Tiefenthaler learned early on to appreciate handmade products and high-quality ingredients. Whether you commission Hannes Tiefenthaler with equipping your table or if you are looking for the right glassware or porcelain for your culinary creations, in his personal and professional consulting you will notice his enthusiasm right away. Driven by this fascination and his drive for perfection he redefines table culture with his "rochini concept": "rochini stands for the perfect ensemble of surprising design, high-quality materials and unique craftsmanship", reveals the ambitious businessman. Small manufacturers are predestined to fulfill the high standards he sets for the "subtle luxury" he himself defines. To name a few from the range of rochini products - porcelain from Hering Berlin, glasses from Zalto Denkart and silverware from Robbe & Berking.
- Friday, 22 January 2016 08:12 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
- Friday, 01 January 2016 15:45 | Written by Stephan Lendi
- Saturday, 26 December 2015 12:59 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
- Tuesday, 15 December 2015 10:15 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur
- Monday, 09 November 2015 07:51 | Written by Matthias Tesi Baur