As a member of the World Gourmet Society, you are entitled to many unique privileges. In return, we kindly ask you to accept and comply with the Membership Terms and Code of Ethics and our Terms of Website Use.
The term 'World Gourmet Society', "WGS" ,'us' or 'we' refers to the World Gourmet Society, who is the owner of this website. The term 'you' refers to you as a registered member or as a user of our website.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CODE OF ETHICS
PERMISSIONS: WGS members are entitled to:
- Talk about their WGS membership on their social media profiles, such as LinkedIn and Facebook
- Mention their membership on their personal CV
- Create a detailed Gourmet Profile on the website containing information about their culinary expertise and experience
- Receive and forward exclusive WGS newsletters
- Be invited to membership events
- Contact other food enthusiasts in the members-only section of the website
- Support applications for other potential members
- Use the WGS name and/or the shield logo to recommend young and creative chefs by highlighting their talents on the WGS website
- Use the WGS name and/or the shield logo to promote epicurean and high cuisines and to use the World Gourmet Society name and shield logo under license from WGS in accordance with these terms and conditions only
ETHICS: WGS members agree to:
- Always be respectful towards others
- Respect other members' professions
- Never express a religious or political view
- Be open, truthful and helpful to other members
- Support fresh talent and honour achievements in Gourmet World
- Treat personal information confidentially
PROHIBITIONS: WGS members must never:
- Use WGS and/or the Website to promote themselves
- Use the name of the World Gourmet Society and/or the shield logo or to promote any discount in restaurants or any other food related business or on any app or online tool which enables people to claim a discount or price concession at restaurants and food service outlets
- Use the WGS name and/or the shield logo other than promoting epicurean and high cuisines
- Use someone else's name or impersonate someone else
- Post or distribute illegal material
- Use abusive or threatening language
- Post offensive remarks regarding people's gender, race or nationality
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Please also review our private policy for further information how we handle data and cookies.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, including the World Gourmet Society and the WGS shield logothe design, layout, look, appearance and graphics on the website. Reproduction of these is prohibited other than by Members in accordance with Membership Terms and Conditions above and subject always to the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You acknowledge that all files or pictures you upload to any section of this website (your profile, the blog etc.) are shown in the public domain and can be used to represent or promote the service of the website online, in emails or print material
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Breach of these terms and conditions may lead to suspension or cancellation of membership by the World Gourmet Society.